Who can participate?
EMA2 Gulf Countries is open to students and staff from Gulf Countries and Europe that are currently enrolled or related to a partner university.
In order to be eligible, European masters students, doctoral and post-doctoral candidates, referred to as "European students":
1. Must be a national of one of the eligible European countries.
2. Must be registered at one of the European Universities within the partnership.
3. For masters mobility must be currently enrolled or related to a HEI that is a member of the partnership;
4. For doctorate mobility must be currently enrolled or related to a HEI that is a member of the partnership a HEI within the partnership;
5. For post-doctorate mobility, must have obtained their doctorate in the last two years and must have the support of one of the EU HEIs within the partnership to carry out post-doctorate mobility. This can be for research, training and attending highly specialised courses;
6. Must have sufficient knowledge of the language of the courses or of one of the languages currently spoken in the hosting countries.
In order to be eligible, a Gulf-country master students and doctoral candidates:
1. Must be a national of one of the Gulf countries covered by the partnership (Oman, Qatar, Bahrain, United Arab Emirates, Kuwait or Saudi Arabia)
2. Must not have resided nor have carried out their main activity (studies, work) for more than a total of 12 months over the last five years in one of the EU countries
3. Applicants must be registered or related to one of the Gulf Countries universities of the partnership.
5. Must have sufficient knowledge of the language of the courses or of one of the languages currently spoken in the hosting countries.
ACADEMIC AND ADMINISTRATIVE STAFF
In order to be eligible, academic and higher education staff, hereafter referred as "staff":
1. Must work in or be associated to one of the universities within the partnership;
2. Must be a national of an EU Member State or of one of Gulf Countries covered by the partnership. (Bahrain, Qatar, Kuwait, Oman, EUA, Saudi Arabia and EU)
3. Mobility assignments must be based on partnership agreements between the members of the partnership;
4. The home and host universities and the individual staff must agree on the programme of lectures to be delivered by the visiting teachers, on the research activities or on the type of training to be followed by staff;
5. The exchange may constitute a post-per-post exchange or a one-way visitor flow to or from a third country.
No student and no academic staff member can benefit from more than one mobility activity within the same project.
Please note that in order to be an eligible candidate from the Gulf countries, you must have not resided nor have carried out a main activity (studies, work, etc) for more than a total of 12 months over the last five years in one of the European countries.